I suggest you ...

Copy, delete and transfer files directly from WDTV

Copy and delete files , transfer file from usb1 to usb2 and reverse......

5,883 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

How to copy file laptop to wd tv

• granmengranmen commented  · 

how can i block someone to erase files on hd.

• James MaxwellJames Maxwell commented  · 

Do you want to update your OBSOLETE wdtv gen 1 ? Easy..... buy the new Brite-View BV-5005HD "CinemaTube" , or the asus o'play air, or Roku HD Player. WD had a great product but they got lost somewhere. Pity.

• eijieiji commented  · 

Hello, Is anybody here? ... ... ...
        Please, hurry up with the update: My WD is getting old and sick, and It asked to be updated before it die ...

Please, WD, inform us about how the project proceeds. Thanks.
        Por favor, informad del estado del proyecto. Gracias.

• bobbykimadamsbobbykimadams commented  · 

I have been trying to find out when this is going to happen if it does, but cant find anything on the other forum http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=3075.0;topicseen they don't seem to know either have been looking at the homemade firmware and nothing their maby nobody else wants this but us certainly nobody with WD is worried about if we are satisfied or not .

• osclageosclage commented  · 

@ombzzz is a good point of view… yes, we are suggesting several good added value functions for devices, and we have no feedback.

And the worse is that we have pinned all our hopes, at least, in the “started” topics, like this one… and we are waiting months ago to have a new firmware. There is a new beta firmware, I think so, but no any new value…

I’m waiting for WD response to our open questions, and perhaps I will check the “alternative” firmware software to find the one which suits my needs.

Thanks to all customers for their contributions, and especially to people that are working on “alternative” options in response to this situation.

• eijieiji commented  · 

Hmm ... An experiment ... Yes, I think so. Maybe some of us are monkeys or robots, or robo-monkeys ... ^ _ ^

Seriously: Please, WD, inform us about how the project proceeds.

• ombzzzombzzz commented  · 

@osclage totally agree

This is very bizarre. We have a great web forum to post ideas, but it seems that no one is listening on the other side !

May be this site is a rare experiment like The Cube movie [0] ... i mean, WD is researching how people interact with "ideas web sites" but actually there is zero interest in implement any ideas.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/

• osclageosclage commented  · 

If they have put the "started" status to this threat they should be working on it, I think so...
        If the firmware development has been stopped they should inform us, to install "alternative" firmware and forget about purchase new WD hardware. Nowadays Social Marketing is one of the most important topics of Marketing and selling, and this forum could be a good active in pro of Social Marketing, but in the end they have done just the opposite if they don't offer new firmware to people that are improving their devices and will lose the opportunity of having a good hardware with a better software and to be more popular and improve their sales.
        I bought this device because of their policy of giving us the opportunity of improving the software, but now I'm frustrated and confused about the utility of this web.
        If they have used us to produce new devices with the specifications that we have made, is ok, but we need feedback in our firmware too.
        The new devices are ok, but we have pay for a device with huge capabilities, but without software to use them... so our devices are "incomplete".
        I ask for a response from WD about the current development.
        And for users one question, the "alternative" firmware are good enough to install, are stable and good?? Which one suits with this topic?
        Thanks in advance for your help.

• James MaxwellJames Maxwell commented  · 

WD has released WDTV generation 2, is not the same WDTV LIVE. No, it's a new device with firmware 1.01.75 . So, forget new firmwares to our OBSOLETE WDTV generation 1.

• eijieiji commented  · 

Yes, We decided to buy the product. And of course it's a nice device.
        But WD created this site to improve THIS product, or it was supposed
        (In the end it has been used to create a new product) ...
        I think it is normal that we feel deceived and disillusioned.

I hope to be wrong, and WD finish any of the suggestions started.

• PhilippPhilipp commented  · 

Oh I just found it again. It was a comment on exactly this RfC: "Please, while designing the new feature think also about non-skilled users: do not (only) provide a sophisticated file-browser-like UI where someone has to go through plenty of steps before (s)he's able to copy/move/delete one single file. For those users who like the WDTV because of its simplicity and intuitive UI please think about a "one-button-copy" feature (maybe with delete files at source device) to be able to quickly copy pictures/movies from any digicam to the WDTV." I think it's still legitimate.

• PhilippPhilipp commented  · 

I like this too - and I think I also posted a similar RfC some month ago. Anyhow, nice to see that this one got the right attention. But sorry to see that some guys here show a real bad wording to express their disappointment about their own choice. Come on guys, be fair: there was never a guarantee that you get more than the features written on the packing - right? And YOU decided to buy the product. In fact it's a nice device and you get/got quite a lot for your money.

• eijieiji commented  · 

The WD HD TV Live does. And I'm sure it has the same programming language, and has the same processor family ... If they do not is because they are not interested at all.

All that the WD HD Live does, is what we ask for WH HD TV ...

No longer trust in WD.

• AfrsaAfrsa commented  · 

HEY WD! YOU CAN COPY/PASTE MY ASS!!!

LAZY BASTARDS!!!

• UnitfluxUnitflux commented  · 

I just found out how this works - started means they are planning to add this IN A WAY DEVICE - and all of us who bought their product are just screwed. They expect us to just buy a new machine probably.
        Greedy buggers.

• ytseytse commented  · 

not sure it even actualy started.. This user voice lacks feedback, and seeing as there are only 4 completed ideas, it definitely feels like it's been there to make people keep their WDTV instead of returning it...
        I wish I'm wrong, I want nothing more than being contradicted on this point with official news whatsoever...

• denimandeniman commented  · 

"Transfer files by copying, moving or deleting files stored on a USB drive, a network drive..."
        This is what the new WDTV Live does. Not our WDTV.
        Why? Is not possible to have this feature in a new firmware updated?

If WD thinks I´m going to buy the new one after answers like "the new wdtv does it" forget it!

• UnitfluxUnitflux commented  · 

To those asking when this will be finished, I believe we can expect it sometime early 2012.

• expeditionaireexpeditionaire commented  · 

Started... too much months ago... :-( Will be any day finished?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base