I suggest you ...

play all files inside the folder

use play button above a folder to play all files inside the folder selected. (it's possible?)

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    miglmigl shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SchleimerSchleimer commented  · 

This would be great when having photos and videos of an event in one folder to show them in alphabetical order!

• David Damian OchoaDavid Damian Ochoa commented  · 

October 2010: I can set up repeat-all in the menu, when playing the first video in a folder. Make sure to push the black play button, not the grey select button to get it going. My version is 1.03.01

• ass-ponyass-pony commented  · 

I just bought the WD TV today, and I am friggin SHOCKED it wont play more then a single file at once! My camcorder makes a separate file each time we record....from 2 seconds to many minutes. Our damn thumbs are getting worn out from having to start each and every video individually instead of having the WDTV play all the files in that folder. What the hell? . A "play all" function is just elementary and basic. Cmon, get on it!

• ds80ds80 commented  · 

- also include in the playlist files in all subfolders, not just the main folder that's being pressed Play on (limit depth to 3-5 levels or limit total number of files in the playlist, whichever comes first)
        - use the individual play setting set for each category (Video, Music, Photo) like repeat, shuffle, repeat all, repeat all and shuffle
        - for Photo this would start a slideshow with all the photos in the folder (including subfolders)
        - for Music this would start a playlist of multiple albums (often organized as individual folders; currently you can only play one album/folder at a time)
        - for Video this would play all the parts of a movie (like CD1, CD2, etc.) without going into the folder
        - it just makes sense to start a playlist starting from the parent folder rather than specifically going to the first file (plus when you use shuffle you want the player to randomly decide the first track in the playlist; currently it forces you to manually pick the first track)
        - playlist files (like .m3u) should be ignored when pressing Play on a folder or they would double the actual media files they contain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base