I suggest you ...

Compressed Header in Matroska

Matroska has a compressed header feature that is now the default in mkvmerge. It works in the Popcorn Hour but not in the WD TV. And this is a standard MKV feature that works on all PC players.

3,723 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steve Lhomme shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

800 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • V.Y. commented  · 

from 2010 the problem is still here , amazed this WD company is not down toilet , considered more product from WD , but after that NO WAY .

• Mark. commented  · 

Just bought a wd live tv box would not play mkv files took quite a bit of sorting before sussed, remove/demux compression header with free software takes no time plays fine now but should not need a work around.

• Irene commented  · 

I'm so dissapointed in WD! Problem is so OLD but you didn't solve it still!!! Since 2010! Incredible! I put WD in garbage can.

• Anonymous commented  · 

WD, thanks for increasing electronic waste and spoiling the environment.

Why do otherwise perfectly useful players have to go to the trash, just because you can't pay a week worth of sallery to implement compressed headers. It's not like we demand new features for a dated product, but this is outrageous.

I as an educated consumer (after all, a soon-to-be embedded firmware engineer of my own) will never buy a WDTV product again.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I guess it's time to say goodbye WD!

• gregory commented  · 

Please update or my wd tv live will be useless and i change to another player !!!!

• Bhola Bakra commented  · 

WD, you totally suck @ss. it's been years since the issue is found and you still don't care to fix it. shame on you. will never buy another WD product

• Björn Gedda commented  · 

Please, PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease fix this!

• Eric Nelsen commented  · 

please fix this, it is annoying to randomly have my movie library break...

• Farrar commented  · 

Very tired of .mkv files "breaking" my WDTV. Every time this happens, I have to hit "reset" and then unplug it for a half hour. Waiting to watch TV is not why I bought this unit!

• Steve commented  · 

This is an absolute disgrace for WD. This must be fixed as you will lose a lot of customers with your current approach (p.s. they're the mugs who ultimately pay your wages!).

• Kevin commented  · 

I agree, do something, if you did not since 2k10 !!

• SD commented  · 

Agree. Please support this, PGS subtitles (& while your at it... DTS-MA Passthrough!!!)

• ap commented  · 

Not only that, but come up with a way for WD Media players to read PGS subtitles!

• Kostas commented  · 

This is very annoying. If you don't fix it (for generation 1 too) we will boycott all WD products.

Kostas

• angry_customer commented  · 

"is this the problem that it plays 1 mkv file and the second time it won't strat another mkv , and nothing else will work, i have to reset my wd player ???"

yes! and they are doing their best not to fix it...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40

Feedback and Knowledge Base